Thursday, October 7, 2010

thanks mom!!!!!

Stella and Grandma


Three Generations!

I am so lucky...my mom was able to stay with us for 12 days, she never rested....I just have to make a thank-you list so I can be a grateful daughter (and so Stella will have something to hold against me some day when she has a baby!)

-fanned me with cool wash clothes during hard labor
-cleaned up the amniotic fluid filled bed
-cleaned the shower, bath, and toilets numerous times
-followed me around with my water mug reminding me to drink
-fed Stella during the night so I could sleep
-rubbed my feet when I couldn't sleep
-grocery shopped numerous times
-took me to the ER when I had a recurrent bleeding episode
-changed plenty of diapers
-fixed meals for us and friends
-converted our neglected basement from a dump into a living space
-bought me nursing bras
-pink roses
-organized numerous closets and drawers
-babysat while we went to Sonic Youth Concert
-filled the freezer with baked goods and lots of meat (brents happy)
-Put up with ME!

I love you mom!

5 comments:

  1. she's been looking forward to those days for a long time! you were blessed to have her by your side! the pictures are GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mom! I can't believe that was the first time I've met her. She seems like a sweetheart. Yay for moms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the 3 generations pictures, your mom is beautiful! (all of you are)! and she probably loved the opportunity to come and help you. wish i had gotten to meet her while she was here. i love the one about carrying around your water reminding you to drink. makes me miss my mom cause i'm sure she'd do the same thing. fun stuff! you looked great when i saw your yesterday by the way. don't overdo it though and let me know if I can help! :)

    love,
    apryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite items on this list were:

    1) organized numerous closets and drawers
    2) babysat while we went to Sonic Youth Concert

    The first one was SO your mom; the second one was SO Lori and Brent. Love it.

    ReplyDelete